Thursday, April 3, 2008

Smothers Bros. Chevron Formula B. race car.






My first time at Miller I came across this car which according to my research is 1 of 3 made. I believe that this a 1968 Model B-14 Chevron. The engine listed for a Model 14 is a 1598 cc Cosworth four cylinder with I think a twin cam head. The engine was based upon an English Ford sedan engine, and in someways was similar to the Lotus twincam engine.


It is even possible that I saw this car race at Kent Washington in 1969. Terri and her Mother and I went on a trip to Washington and to Vancouver, B.C. for a vacation and we stopped at Kent for the F-5000 and F.B. races. Somewhere I have a bunch (at least one roll of 35 mm film) that I took at the races. If I ever find them I'll scan them and post them.


I don't seem to have very many photos of this car, but I am posting the few that I came across tonight.

No comments: