Friday, November 2, 2007

1973 MGB GT F Production Racecar






Just a quick post. I am putting on some photos of a 1973 MGB GT SCCA F Production racecar that I saw at Miller last May. You don't really see that many MGB GT's racing anymore. In fact I don't remember seeing them race much when they were new. THe GT I don't think is quite as fast as a MGB roadster because of its larger frontal area. On the roadster you can remove the windshield, theyby being able to punch a much smaller hole in the air. Also the MGB GT should be a little bit heavier and more top heavy. For good handling you want to get your weight as low in the car as you can.


I cant say as I like to color of the paint, but you can sure see it coming. I have owned two MG's in my time. One was a rubber bumper MGB that we bought new. The other was a GT. I liked the GT much better than the roadster. The GT was just a little bit cozier and had a more luxurious feel about it. If my memory serves me right I think it even had leather seats and an 8 track player. Of those two cars I miss the GT the most.

No comments: