Friday, March 28, 2008

Lola T332 Formula 5000

It's red, it's loud, it's fast, it is a Lola T332 F5000.

Last June at Miller I came across this Lola. I really like this car, I mean who wouldn't like a very light race car with gobs of Chevy horse-power. On top of that the owner John Obialero told me that he also has the full fender body kit so this car can race in open wheel F5000 or with the body kit with the Can-Am cars. The chassis is a aluminum monocoque with the engine as a stressed member and tube sub frame to hold the wing at the rear of the car.

In 1974 Brian Redman became the Formula 5000 champion in a Lola T332. One word of advice from somebody who learned the hard way. Watch out for the exhust pipes when the car is hot. I received a nice burn on my shin while taking some of the pictures in the garage just after John came in from a track session. Ouch.

No comments: